Becoming a Carbon Neutral Borough
As well as our commitment for the Council’s operations to be carbon neutral by 2030, our aim is for the whole Borough to be carbon neutral by the same date. We can’t do this on our own, and we recognise and welcome the amazing work that a growing number of local organisations are already doing to tackle climate change - their case studies can be found here.
Click here to view our overall Borough Partnership Action Plan.
Click here to view our Borough Partnership Action Plan over the next 12 months.
We’ve joined forces with businesses, Parish & Town Councils, community groups, schools, universities and others to form the Telford & Wrekin Climate Change Partnership.
Current members of the Borough Partnership are:
- Environment Agency
- Food Ethicist
- Hollinswood Primary School & Nursery
- Inter-faith Council
- Ironbridge Meadows Group
- Marches Energy Agency
- Mayor of Telford and Wrekin
- Midlands Energy Hub / Marches LEP
- Parish Forum
- Severn Gorge Countryside Trust
- Shropshire Climate Action Partnership
- Shropshire Wildlife Trust
- Small Woods
- Sustainable Newport
- Telford & Wrekin Council
- Telford Business Board Sustainability Practitioners Sub Group
- Telford Green Spaces Partnership
- The Wrekin Housing Group
- Transition Telford
- Wolverhampton University
The Partnership is now developing its own action plan to help tackle climate change Borough-wide through six sub-groups. The sub-groups enable us to look in more detail at specific themes and get even more organisations and local experts involved. The sub-group themes are:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use
- Energy Systems
- Learning, Communication and Engagement
We would like to thank our partners for their involvement and participation in this work.